LETS PLAY A GAME. It’s called: Who directed it TIM BURTON or HENRY SELICK
We’ll start with the 2009 Laika film Coraline based on the novel by Neil Gaiman. Do you know who directed it? Burton or Selick?
Did you guess yet?
If you guessed Henry Selick, you would be correct. Tim Burton actually had absolutely nothing to do with Coraline at all in anyway ever. Reminder: Tim Burton has NOTHING to do with Coraline. At all. But that was an easy one. Let’s go to the Walt Disney Pictures adaptation of Roald Dahl’s novel, James and the Giant Peach next.
Think you got it? Are you sure? Better double check…
Oh, look. It’s Henry Selick again! Tim Burton actually interacted with this project, though only as a producer. Bet that was tricky… Next one! Let’s go to the Disney/Touchstone Pictures film Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Have you guessed it correctly? Have you really?
Yep that’s right. Even Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas was directed by Henry Selick. Though Burton wrote the poem and created the characters in which Nightmare was based he didn’t have much interaction with the project beyond that. At the time he had already signed off to direct the film Batman Returns and did not want to be involved with the “painstakingly slow process of stop-motion animation.”
Looks like it was a trick quiz. But now you know Henry Selick, whom people rarely know of is responsible for many of the most well known stop-motion animated films. The more you know!
You are my new favourite tumblr user.
adulthood is just an endless stream of phone calls you don’t want to make but have to
sometimes you just need to lay on the floor and do nothing for three years
Multi-awarded actress Maggie Smith was halfway through her cancer treatment when she made Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince, starring as Professor Minerva McGonagall.
“I was hairless. I had no problem getting the wig on. I was like a boiled egg,” she said.
The chemotherapy was, she said, “something that makes you feel much worse than the cancer itself”. “You feel horribly sick. I was holding on to railings, thinking ‘I can’t do this’,” she said.
But she insisted she will “stagger through” the final Harry Potter film, The Deathly Hallows. Let’s just pause and ponder on how awesome this woman is, a true Gryffindor.
I will never not reblog this. This woman is my hero. I’ve seen what my mom went through with chemo. To go through it and still put on such a moving performance is something she should be very proud of.
this is my friend Sam and I, we go to a private boarding school in lake Tahoe, California. Sam is pan-sexual (liking anybody he has a deep connection with) and myself, well i am a bit confused of who i am at the moment. last night our school had a formal dinner, I asked Sam to be my date a week ago,he said yes! the night of the formal dinner Sam asked our assistant headmaster if he could wear a dress, he said no before he had even finished the question. when Sam and i showed up to the dinner we were holding hands and i was also holding the roses Sam had gave to me. Sam was wearing mascara and lipstick. our assistant headmaster freaked out and told Sam if he didn’t get the makeup off he would be in massive trouble. Sam and I went back to the room to get his makeup off and came back down. the whole night he was telling us how bizarre and weird we were. the night ended and the morning rose. we both have our first class of Friday with our assistant headmaster. he told the both of us if our relationship went any further he threatened he would take us behind the barn and beat us. he also told us if we were in public school we would have our dicks chopped off by other kids. after this period of being teased, Sam and i got together and thought we needed to do something about this. so here i am, Julien Nicol,15 years old, asking for your help to spread this around and have it know that California allows private schools to discriminate against people with certain sexual preferences.
Signal boost the fuck out of this.
how fu*kin dare he!!
when your friend keeps telling shitty jokes and youre just sitting there like
I’m usually the one telling the jokes…
How to get a straight guy to understand common gay/sexual/relationship terms… use bacon!
Perfect gay bacon post is perfect.needs this for reasons
Too funny not to share! Lol
A guy is taking his girlfriend to prom. He waits in the ticket line for a really long time but gets them. He goes to rent a limo. The rental line is really long but he eventually does it. He goes to buy her flowers. The line at the florist is really long but eventually he gets the flowers. At prom, she asks him to go get punch. He goes to the refreshment table and there’s no punchline.
you’ve got to be kidding me
I am in physical pain
- (A gay couple has just met up in the restaurant and kissed each other upon arrival. Another customer has seen this and is obviously angry.)
- Angry Customer: “Damn f**s.”
- Gay Man: “Excuse me?”
- Angry Customer: “You heard me, you little s***. Let’s not make this into some little pride protest, okay? I have to accept that you’re going to live your lifestyle, and you have to accept that I’ve got freedom of speech.”
- Gay Man: *quietly* “Is it too much to ask for a little human decency?”
- Angry Customer: “Human? Listen up, what you’re doing is not human. I think I have the right to determine what I think is human.”
- (The manager shows up. He’s a quiet Italian man who I assume is conservative due to the Christian imagery and portrait of Reagan he keeps around the restaurant.)
- Angry Customer: *to the owner* “Hey, can you move either them or us to another table?”
- (Instead of responding to the angry customer, the owner instead speaks to his wife.)
- Owner: “I’m sorry ma’am, but we have a strict ‘no pets’ policy in my restaurant.”
- Wife: “Uh, I, uh, what? I don’t have a—”
- Owner: “Well, according to your talking monkey over here, I can determine who’s a human and who’s not. You bring an animal into my restaurant; I gotta assume it’s your pet.”
- (The angry customer storms out. When I left, the owner was giving his description, and copies of security camera footage, to the biggest crowd of police I’ve seen. Apparently it’s a bad idea to not pay your bill at a restaurant that gives free coffee to cops.)
if this isn’t the most motivational tweet in the entire world idk what is
Page 1 of 2602